When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More

I'm so tired, yet so very restless. There must be more! The things which appear before my eyes just cannot be all there is. Is this really what life is about? Surround yourself with pretty things; pretty rooms, pretty clothes... There MUST be more! Day after day its the same. We may be dying inside, but we must look good on the outside. We pretend so well, that we don't even feel the death taking hold of our spirits! What we hide from others becomes hidden even from us. We deceive ourselves! We think we are so well and whole, when in reality we are diseased and crippled. We think we are so rich and wise and spiritual. We're not. We're poor, and foolish, and limping or even crawling spiritually because You are not our Center. We call ourselves 'Christ Followers', yet we are too busy with our meaningless little lives to even make it to church on time. We don't follow You too well when there are so many other things to do.
We have clothed our desperation in fine looking garments of pride and self-sufficiency, but they hold no warmth. The garment You offer is 100 times more fine than ours, and it is warm and comfortable! Why do we reject it in favour of our ratty costumes?
Your presence left us long ago, but we hardly even noticed, being so busy with jobs, activities, and making sure our lives look good to others.
Bah! So tired! Everything is meaningless! Everything but You, and my desperation for you. Fill me once more with Your presence! I repent of my wickedness; my attraction to what is carnal! Please, don't hide Your presence from me any longer, or I will die! I need You! I unclothe my desperation and lay it bare at Your feet! Take it and replace it with the fullness of Your everlasting Spirit!
There IS more; I know it! Lord, I need more! More of You!

No comments:

Border?