When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

'Mi Morena'


I saw this picture on Doorways Around the World and really loved it because it totally made me think of the Josh Groban song 'Mi Morena'. Whenever I hear that song, I imagine a girl dancing in an Italian or Sicilian cobblestone courtyard, clothed in a beautiful white dress. She has long, flowing, dark hair, and a wreath of flowers on her head. She's dark-skinned, beautiful, barefoot, and is wearing bracelets and anklets. There's the faint sound of someone playing Spanish guitar coming from some open window, and she's dancing in the rain. Of course she thinks she's alone, but unbeknownst to her, the man who loves her is silently watching from his balcony, just drinking in the sight of her; the rain making her dress and hair cling to her body as she twirls with arms outstretched.

(Photographer: Melinda Brovelli of Melinda Trips 2007. This doorway is in Sciacca, Sicily.)

No comments:

Border?