When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy For You

So, I just finished writing another song...
The inspiration came from a friend.
Disclaimer: The emotions and thoughts portrayed in this song are not necessarily those of the artist. =:^)
Enjoy!

Happy For You
Beth Dyck
August 13th 2009


Verse 1
Well I heard just the other day that you got yourself a girl
That little bit of info put my heart into a whirl
You see that really wasn’t what I wanted to hear
I used to have some hopes and dreams of a future with you near
But from me all you’re gonna hear is

Chorus
I’m happy for you. Don’t worry ‘bout me
You’re the only one who matters, don’t fear for my sanity
You’re not gonna see me cry, and you won’t hear me complain
Even if I have to lie, I will look at you and say
I’m happy for you

Verse 2
You used to be a real good friend, before you went away
Didn’t know how much you meant to me until it was too late
Now I’m left here wishing I could say that I wanna make you mine
But you’re with someone else, so I’ve gotta leave those words behind
And now I guess all I can say is

Chorus

Bridge
I’ll never know how great we could’ve been; together, you and me
But I’ll get over it eventually, wait and see

Verse 3
Well I heard just the other day that you got yourself a girl
So I’ll just wish the two of you all of the love in the world
Cause…

Chorus

No comments:

Border?