When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Stuck

I sit here, staring at a blank page.

Ok, so its not blank anymore...
Its been blasted hot out lately, with quite a few storms that include thunder, lightning, uber-strong winds, torrential rains, and/or walnut-sized hail. (Very unusual for the Okanagan; they haven't seen stuff like this in like twenty years!) I've been getting up at 6 to go to work so I can quit earlier because of the heat. After work, I either do a lot, or I don't do much, but no matter what I do or don't do, I don't do anything creative. Nothing artistic. I haven't written a song in almost a year. I can't draw. I don't know how to paint. Playing music feels boring right now. Its hot, I feel creatively constipated, and I think I may just go crazy. And I'm thinking this in an eerily monotone voice. In my head. As I write. Good grief I'm bored! Even when I'm so stinkin' busy that I don't have time to be bored I'm bored. Dunno how that's possible, but it must be somehow. I thought that after all the lessons and recitals and things had ended at the beginning of summer, that I would have time, energy and motivation to be creative; artistic. I don't. Heck, I dunno if I even remember how to be creative. I don't want to pick up my guitar. I don't want to try and write a song or poem. I don't want to go plunk away on the piano. I don't want to try to draw or paint, because I know it won't look good. But something deep down inside me is dying to imagine, to concoct; to dream up and fashion... something... anything! But what? How? I think I'm stuck.

No comments:

Border?