When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mrs. Darcy

Just watched Pride and Prejudice again, for like at least the 5th or 6th time... Don't think I'll ever get tired of watching that movie; I never catch all of what they're saying anyway, so each time I watch it I understand more of the dialogue. They talk so fast in that accent, sometimes it sounds like a different language! Watching Pride and Prejudice always makes me wistful. It makes me wish I was a "Mrs. Darcy" and that I had a "Mr. Darcy" of my own. Not a Mr. Collins, or even a Mr. Bingley, but a Mr. Darcy. The drama; the wit; the biting sarcasm and clever put-downs... The contempt-turned-to-love... The happily-ever-after...
Sometimes I find it hard to enjoy being single, even after over three years of practice. Maybe its because I wasn't for so long... Who knows. All I know is that I'm looking forward to meeting my 'Mr. Darcy' and having moments with him where we're both "completely and perfectly and incandescently happy."

No comments:

Border?