When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Not Alone

So, this is my first blog... Basically, I'm gonna do what my header says; just use this as a place I can vent or post songs or poems I write.
Below is a song I wrote recently after going out with a couple of friends who make up the 'Heartbeat Street Team'. These women go downtown in the evenings and pretty much walk around talking to and making friends with the street people there. It was a pretty amazing experience being with them this one time, and just watching how the people trust and open up to them.



Not Alone

Hopeless, helpless, all alone
Feeling worthless, so far from home
No-one around to show they care
Nobody asks how you got there

Wandering, aimless through darkened streets
Nameless, faceless, like most you meet
No-one looks up & sees your tears
Nobody around to calm your fears

But you are not alone
There is One who cares
Just run into His arms
You will find healing there

Wondering how you fell so far
Who you should be isn't who you are
It really hasn't been that long since
It seemed so right; how did it go so wrong?

But you are not alone
There is One who cares
Just run into His arms
You will find healing there

No comments:

Border?