When you look into the mirror, think not upon how others perceive you; instead, think about how God sees you. To Him, you are the most beautiful thing on earth. And that's all that matters.
Please feel free to comment. I'd love to hear what you think of my feeble attempts to convey my thoughts, feelings, and imaginings.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Minstrel

This was a 30-minute challenge given to me by a wonderful lady and amazing songwriter named Jane Eamon at a songwriting workshop I recently attended. The goal was to write a story song about a fairytale, using just verses in the same meter. I made up my own fairytale based on another person attending the workshop. This was the result after 30 minutes. Dedicated to Bob. :)

"The Minstrel"
Once upon a time not long ago, in a land not far away
Was a minstrel who would never write a song that was cliche.
He'd sit and ponder till he could find exactly the right words
So that he could write amazing songs like no-one's ever heard.

One fine day he organized a songwriting workshop
And people came from miles around to hear this lady talk.
When they found she was a fairy song-mother, they all cried out with glee
And all at once they asked, 'do you have some advice for me?'

She turned, and to the minstrel said, 'sir, I would like you
To write a song full of cliches, with a twang of country too.'
At this, he cringed, and then he frowned, and finally he sighed.
He shook his head to clear his mind, and said 'for you, I'll try.'

So he took his pen and paper and jotted down some notes
And this country song full of cliches was the best he ever wrote!
Now he sings his songs to many fans all across the land
And he travels not all alone, but with his country band.

No comments:

Border?